Friday, August 24, 2012

Wow...


Wow, I can't believe how quickly the summer disappeared. I usually have lots of downtime but this year, two great job opportunities kept me working up to last Tuesday. Then headed out of town for a little R&R and now, I'm officially back to work with school starting next Monday. Wow!

In late July, my mother celebrated her 70th birthday and we 3 girls got her a "money tree" for her birthday. I actually threw this whole thing together in under an hour when we 3 talked and realized we were all getting her money.  


Even though you can't tell by her picture, she really was happy. My mother does not really "smile" for pictures. My girls often yell at me because they don't think I do either.

 I also signed up to go to a Make a Bunch card class at Archivers but was out of town and not able to make it so daughter #1, who works at Archivers brought the materials home and I completed the cards at home. I've actually already sent out a couple of them.


And, after making the cards, I turned a too small t-shirt into a cute little pillow for daughter #3 for her dorm room and I finally got around to making myself a pillow from one of my dad's flannel shirts (see January).



Like I said in an earlier post, I had hoped to get my Christmas cards made this summer, but alas, that did not happen.  I did find a couple cute little stamps at a scrapbook store in Corning, NY while on vacation last week that I will be using for Thanksgiving cards.  More of that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment