Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lots and lots of Bithdays

July is a really heavy month for birthdays.  I have several friends and family that all celebrate a birthday in July so the first Sunday of the month, I locked myself in my scrapbook room and worked. What makes it so unusual, we were in the midst of a 6 day power outage. We had the generator up and running for our two refrigerators and freezer so, with a plug still unclaimed, I used it to power two fans and my Cricut machine Hey it's priorities in a time of emergency right?! So I created several new cards to mail out. Remember, I'm a one woman "Save the Postal Service" campaign.  Below are the cards I made during the "outage".


I was really pleased to find a new paper, My Minds Eye - India Chic (2 cards on the left). I really liked the colors and patterns.  I have been having trouble finding the new lines of Authentique paper. The two stores /i frequent have not carried any of the  new lines. I did purchase a couple of sheets from a previous line (upper right) but even it is several months old.

July is almost up and I still haven't started my Christmas cards, this was something I wanted to do. But, to be honest, I wanted to get them done during the summer because it's not too busy. This summer, I have been running like crazy!

In about five months,  the girls will be moving back to school (whoop, whoop!). Maybe I can find some time this weekend to sit and figure out everything I want to finish this summer and what I want to work on this fall when the house quiets down.

No comments:

Post a Comment