Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April is slipping away

Been busy out in the scrapbook room, and not just with cleaning (notice I didn't say cleaning and organizing). I look at my stacks of paper and tell myself I need to change how it is organized but I don't know how to do it.  I've read different things about organizing and even took an online course by Aby Garvey, called the Happy Scrapper but I'm still a mess. Anyways, back to my post.

Easter has come and gone. I made Easter cards again and even managed to remember to take a picture of them.  The idea came from a make-and-take that Archivers did using a cloud punch.  I didn't have that punch but had a cloud available on one of my Cricut cartridges. Used my McGill paper blossom tool kit to add texture to the ears. I have really run with the idea of "make-a-bunch" lately.  Instead of creating two of several different cards, I create several of one card. Makes it easier and creates less waste. 

Last fall, my brother-in-law lost his mother, who was well known in her town for her angel food cake, fluff frosting, and lemon meringue pie.  Her recipes were highly regarding and a much kept secret! For Christmas, my sister gave me a copy of Etta Mae's angel food cake and fluff frosting (still waiting on that pie recipe Kath!).  The recipe itself must have been 50 years old! I thought Easter would be a great time for an angel food cake so, 18 egg whites later, taa daa.. Thank you Etta Mae VanWinkle for the super yummy recipe.


Have several birthdays coming up so in the "make-a-bunch" mindset, I sat down and made these last weekend.

I like this style so much, I am actually going to list dimensions here so I know where to look for when I want to make them again.  This is for a finished card 4.25" x 5.5".

  • card stock (background) - 4" x5 1/4"
  • top paper 3 3/4" x 3"
  • middle paper 3 3/4" x 1" (made adjustments if you are going to use a chevron pattern and trim the top)
  • bottom paper 3 3/4" x 1"
  • Flower and leaves: Hello Kitty cricut cartridge 2 1/2"
  • Texturize the leaves with the McGill paper blossom tool kit 2mm size
  • Flower center - 5/8" circle punch 

I really like using the 6x6 pads for card making, I less waste when using them and can get 2 cards from each sheet (depending on design).

And lastly, my sister-in-law lost her father this past Monday and here is the card I made to send to her and her family (I made it in the 5" x 7") format.
In addition to the baking and card making, I also produced five more of the buckwheat heating pads that I gave to my girls for Valentines Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment