Monday, April 22, 2013

The weekend

Had a nice quiet weekend, my husband and daughter #1 went to Louisville, KY for the Thunder over Louisville fireworks show.  I had to work a few hours Saturday morning then after hitting Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Michael's went home to clean and craft.  The clean part took pretty much the whole day into the early evening so unfortunately no crafting was done -- I was tired! But I did get my mantel decorated for spring.
Some of the items on the mantle I already had but, I bought a few new items. The white vase was actually a "not pretty green" vase I bought at Michael's on clearance.  A couple quick coats of Krylon Glossy White and it looked much better.  I find though that when I am looking for items to put on my mantle, I forget just how big it is and when I get something home, it looks so small.  I really should have went taller on a vase and taller on the flowers for the vase. oh well there is always next year.  I also want to find a purple ribbon for my Pottery Barn rabbit to help him match a little better but other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Also, made a card on Thursday night for a co-worker who was given a big teaching award at our Honors Convocation held Friday. As you can tell, I have become a fan of that type of card.   I will be in Texas this weekend so there won't be any crafting done until May then, I'm sure I'll have a few graduation cards to make and some table decorations for my nephew's graduation party.

No comments:

Post a Comment