Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sitting at work in the dark. The local power company had to take most of the city I work in off-grid while they repaired damages to a sub-station thanks to thieves. My particular building however, still has limited power because of an emergency power source to keep our main frame from crashing unexpectedly. Everyone is walking around in the semi-darkness chatting and laughing. With all that has been going on in my life lately (running 100 mph non-stop), it's making me wish that I could take my life "off grid" for awhile. Everyone slow down, spend time together, enjoying each others' company. That is what is suppose to happen at Christmas but we find more and more often, we're running from place to place and always behind schedule.

I haven't looked at my Jessica Sprague classwork in over a week and we are suppose to be on Day 3. I want to take time to look it over and get caught up. I need to go home now and make 10 locker decorations for my daughters cheer squad. We have locker decorating on Sunday evening before Meet the Team and we have a game tomorrow night, a wrestling meet Saturday afternoon, another basketball game Saturday night and my husband and I will be at bingo on Sunday afternoon. Doesn't leave a lot of time for creativity so I need to get cracking.


No comments:

Post a Comment