Monday, November 23, 2009

So behind...so, so behind

The past four days are a blur. I spent all of Friday either running to the hospital or running to someone elses' house from the hospital. The good news is - everyone is home, healthy and recuperating. The bad news at times, I had no idea what day or time it was. By the time I made my last ambulatory run (taking my mom home) and picking up her pain medication, it was 5:50 p.m. and I was suppose to be waiting in line at the movie theater with my sister to see New Moon in a city 30 minutes away from where I was. Wasn't happening. We were late getting to the theater but in time to not miss the movie. The movie for the most part was good. I'm not a big movie goer -- prefer watching from my comfy couch. But must admit, seeing Taylor and Robert 25' tall was an experience. Anyways - enjoyed the time with my sister and niece.

Saturday went by just as quickly. Wanted to finish my daughter's scrapbook for Sunday. Cait, my daughter, came to me around 5 p.m. and told me she wanted to make squash books for her three best friends (Andrew, Josh and Brandon) to give them at the football banquet. Okay - 3 scrapbooks--24 hours--not pictures or supplies ready. I can do that. Then, her boyfriend called and invited her to dinner with him and his mom. Love the kid but a little planning please! Cait didn't want to go by herself so she asked me to come along. Okay - who can turn down Olive Garden. Three hours later and a quick run through Target (to pickup our Shutterfly order) and Walmart to pick up goodie bag items for Phil and Jake and we were back home and scrapbooking. Cait worked so hard. She is by far not my craftiest child but she did a really good job and was so proud when she finished the last one up at 3:00 a.m.! Yes, we were going until 3 and fell into bed knowing we had a full day on Sunday.

Sunday flew by with bingo activities (a whole other story!). Before we knew it, it was football banquet time. All the mothers were gathered around sharing their scrapbooks they did for their children. It was so much fun. Speeches were a little long (but aren't they always), awards were quick and before we knew it, all the seniors were lined up to receive their scrapbooks. It was a little nostalgic, we were attending our last football banquet.

Monday came bright and early and even though I am off this week I still needed to go in to the office to get some things done. We have a candidate coming in next Monday and a slew of work to finish before he gets here. Needless to say, it was just a few short minutes ago that I even logged into Jessica Sprague to see what I have missed. Everyone has been so busy. The projects look great. I read all the notes from Jessica and stopped short of reading todays' class because I really want to get into all of the downloads she provided to us Friday and Saturday. So, that being said, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment