That's probably why when my husband and I started our own family, traditions were very important to me. I know that when my children look back on their childhood christmas' they will remember going out to cut down the Christmas tree (maybe not fondly :) ), me baking christmas cookies, receiving their special christmas bulb on the 12th day before Christmas and receiving their Christmas pajamas from Kris Kringle on Christmas Eve morning.
We have started so many traditions with them - maybe that's what I will focus on the most.
- Putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving
- A manger scene and christmas tree in every room of the house
- Decorating for 2 days
- 12 Days of Christmas with Kris Kringle
- Buying everyone a special ornament to receive on Cait's birthday
- Buying of the Christmas p.j.'s
- Hanging the mistletoe in the door
- Hiding the "pickle" in the tree
We have so many traditions now, I really have to sit and think about all of them.